Thursday, February 13, 2014

Newsletter

Dear Friends and Family,

The past months have been busy and blessed. January found me moving to Mexico. I started the month by helping to lead a short term trip in Mexico. We helped build roofs, visited the homebound and sick and worshiped together. It really has given me a greater fire for missionary evangelism. The next few weeks myself and the team I was sent with continued to the do pretty much the same things, settling into our house and ministries. The priest at our local parish is an amazing man of God, and he had a lot of ideas that correlated with ours.

Then at the end of the month I started to feel that I needed some more spiritual formation. As a missionary in Mexico I was going to be in a position of leadership, and I don’t feel ready for this. Now this month, February I am back in my home state of Oregon. Here I hope to get involved in the local ministries while seeking a spiritual director.

I will also be studying to become a midwife. This is something I have been hoping to do for many years and now God has blessed me with the time and ability to do so. I am excited to use this skill in my future missionary work, both stateside and abroad.

This year holds so much and so I’ve taken Psalm 27 as my meditation for the year.

“My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek. 9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior. 10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me. 11 Teach me your way, O LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. 12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence. 13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.”

Thank you for all of your prayers and support!


Abi



No comments:

Post a Comment