Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Crusades and Youth Group

Last night we were invited to the first night of a crusade. For those of you who don't know what that is, its basically were you get together with a group of people and preach, this crusade is going on for 4 weeks. As some of the other family members had already committed to other stuff, in the end only James (a missionary friend who had come down to check things out for a mission school we want to host) and I went. I wasn't really sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a great night. It started out with some singing, after that they had two speakers say a prayer and welcome everyone. Then they had the main speaker talk on what it means to be Catholic. It was really inspiring, the speaker was on fire, and I could really feel the Holy Spirit there with us. They ended with a little Adoration time, and I think that was what blessed me the most. I could feel God giving me peace and love, and my mother can tell you I was all smiles when I got home. James was very excited about it, and I'm pretty sure our mission team will do one of our own when his group comes down.
On Sunday the Youth Group at the parish we attend was having a movie night, we watched The Passion. The last time I was that movie I remember thinking it was a really gory movie that I never wanted to watch again. This time it was really powerful. Most of you know that I attended a summer camp that changed my life. I knew this time that all of Jesus' suffering was really and truly for me. I cried most of the movie.
Its hard to believe that I've only been in San Lucia for for two months come the 19th!

2 comments:

  1. hey I found your blog through Anna's blog. :) I really like it! :D
    And we're pretty close in age, I just turned 16 a couple months ago. :)


    xx,
    Bleah Briann @ blonde4christ.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! Sounds like you had a great time! I'm hapy for you! ;)

    ReplyDelete