Monday, January 24, 2011

Life.

Today I went to the home for the elderly right across from us, I was surprised there to find that my little sister, age 9 (almost 10! yikes!) was quite a favorite. A lot of the old ladies asked,

"Where is Esther?" "When is Esther coming to see me?"

On questioning her further I found out she goes there nearly every day! I so surprised and blessed by this.

Another surprise was meeting some Sisters of Charity (the order founded by Mother Theresa) they looked so beautiful and happy as they walked in to talk to some of the ladies. They where happy to meet us, telling us that the bishop told them about the family with 10 kids. :)

The San Lucians have been so welcoming, our new parish, the Church of the Sacred Heart, have been very glad to have us. Every day we seem to have a visitor. Just today we meet a lady who is a relative of one of our old ladies. She hugged all of us kids and kept saying
"Such beautiful kids!" She wants us all to come to her house.

So far I have been blessed beyond anything that I could imagine. God is so good!

3 comments:

  1. What amazing experiences, Lizzy! God is obviously using you to spread His light in San Lucia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent post, Abi! Waiting to hear many other little stories of missionary life!

    Suz

    ReplyDelete